Notice and Respond Training
Notice and Respond: Assisting Student in Distress
Sometimes learning is best reinforced among a group of our peers.
These 60-90 minute interactive workshops use a combination of learning modalities to learn how to recognize and respond to a range of mental health issues including suicide.
Participants can expect to:
- Observe a realistic filmed scenario of a conversation with a distressed student
- Engage in self-reflection and dialog
- Overcome fears, judgments and hesitations in order to help others
- Learn about response options they can use in their settings
- Consider campus resources that offer support
To request a training of your department, email firstname.lastname@example.org.