Communication during Emergencies
Colorado State University homepage: www.colostate.edu
The Colorado State University homepage – www.colostate.edu – will be updated with emergency information as needed.
Safety website: safety.colostate.edu
This website – the University Safety website – is the primary repository for health and safety information related to incidents on and near campus.
Campus-wide email may be used to communicate emergency information and critical updates to students, faculty and staff.
Text message alerts
- The CSU Emergency Text Alert System is used to send text alerts in the event of an emergency on the Fort Collins campus. The system is only used during an immediate, ongoing safety emergency or unexpected closing of the campus, such as a snow day. [Sign up]
- The Larimer Emergency Telephone Authority allows you to receive alerts about off-campus emergencies and other important community news via your home, cell, or business phone, email, text messages, hearing impaired receiving devices, and more. [Sign up]
The University’s online newsletter, SOURCE, is a resource for information about university closures, such as a snow day.
University status information number
Call (970) 491-7669 to get the latest information about University operations and emergency closures, such as during severe weather.
Emergency Broadcast System
Local cable and broadcast stations may be interrupted with emergency notifications.
CSU Police 911 Center
All campus calls to 911 are routed to CSUPD dispatch. Additionally, the center utilizes a community notification system that allows the University to call specific land-based phones in a targeted area.
Local and regional media outlets
Many media outlets list school closures, such as snow days, and also provide information during an emergency or regarding a university closure.
Fort Collins & Denver Media Outlets
- Radio stations broadcasting emergency/closure information: 530-AM, KOA-AM (850), KCSU-FM (90.5), KUNC-FM (91.5), KTCL-FM (93.3), KGLL-FM (96.1) or KPAW-FM (107.9)
- Television stations broadcasting emergency/closure information: News 7 on KMGH-ABC, Fox 31 News on KDVR-FOX, 9 News on KUSA-NBC, and News 4 on KCNC-CBS.
- Newspapers reporting emergency/closure information online: Coloradoan and Denver Post.