Thursday, Dec. 10, 2020: Peeping incident reported in Campus West neighborhood
On Wednesday, Dec. 9, a window peeping incident was reported at International House. International House is university housing in the Campus West neighborhood. The window peeping incident took place at 5:45 p.m. at the southwest corner of the complex, near the intersection of Elizabeth Street and City Park Avenue.
The suspect was standing outside of an apartment. He was described as a male of average height and dressed in all black: black pants, black beanie stocking cap, black hooded jacket over the beanie, and a black face covering that may have been a ski mask style. When the suspect saw the reporting party, he immediately left and was last seen going south, leaving the housing complex area.
CSUPD searched the area for the suspect, but did not find him. These security camera images, while not ideal quality, show the suspect leaving the area; if you recognize this person or have information about this incident, call CSUPD at 970-491-6425.
Please see continued information about resources and safety tips below the photos
Resources at CSU:
- Colorado State University Victim Advocates are available to provide confidential crisis intervention and emotional support to CSU students, staff and faculty through the Women and Gender Advocacy Center. Advocates provide information about academic, legal, medical, emotional, and student conduct resources to survivors of sexual assault, relationship violence and stalking. They also offer support to secondary survivors, such as intimate partners, friends, family, and you. Services at the WGAC are free, confidential and available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Call 970-492-4242 and ask to speak with an advocate. These services continue to be available, even while university operations are virtual and online.
- CSU Health Network provides confidential medical and emotional support services to students or provide referrals to services in other states, if students are studying remotely.
Safety tips for on or off campus:
- Report to police anyone who is behaving suspiciously by calling or texting 911 from campus to reach CSUPD, or 911 off campus to reach Fort Collins Police Services. Report concerns immediately, so police can follow up while the person who is behaving suspiciously may still be in the area.
- Keep your residence hall, apartment or home doors and windows locked when you are away from home and at night. Keep your blinds or curtains drawn for privacy.
- Residence halls and many apartment buildings have multiple levels of security; do not allow anyone to “tailgate” into a residence hall or apartment building behind you after using your keycard or key to get entrance into a building or floor.
The Public Safety Team